You found me.
And you are most welcome.
I’m Julie, Knitter extraordinaire, mummy to Pepe, keeper of a mind filled with stuff & now writer of my very own Blog – Really Useful Girl. So, if would you like to know a little bit about me if you would then please read on.
We, that being The hubby Joe, the Maltese pooch Pepe and I live on a volcanic rock in the Atlantic Ocean that goes by the name of Tenerife. We love the outside life style and here we can have that all year round seeing as the climate is just marvellous. Outdoor knitting is by far my favourite sport.
There is an offspring, she is all grown up and currently located in Bangkok and goes by the name of Teacher Dom. She is a teacher of English to basically anyone who will listen – it seems that teaching is her niche in life – much to her dismay!
I have been a housewife for a good number of years and now it’s time for a job change. What better job could there be than sharing? And what better way to share my gathered experiences and my love of all things planned, organised, simply elegant, white, pink with always a hint of sparkle and some nonsense thrown in, than to create my own blog.
With my blog I’m going to share with you all kinds of useful, useless, fun & nonsense about all things useful, useless, fun & nonsensical. Having done many different jobs, travelled extensively (avec le pooch!), moved house far too many times, I hope to now make myself Really Useful to you my readers, followers, family, friends and well, just about everyone who finds me. I think a huge part of my usefulness is Organisation (the key to just about everything is organisation). Life is so much easier when the little things are under control with the added bonus of looking lovely too.
Five Random Things About Me
1. I was a serious amateur ballroom and latin american dancer for 10 years of my life.
2. I detest and loathe celery in all shapes and forms – I even pick it out of vegetable soup.
3. I collect tiny handmade teddy bears made by my lovely friend Kay at www.katiecountrybears.co.uk. This little beauty is named Cozy and I make the hats for all Kay’s bears.
4. I admit to having seen every episode ever made of Gossip Girl and loving it! (I know, I’m so sorry!!)
5. My idea of bliss would be to have clean, crisp, fresh bedlinen every single day.
Now you know a bit more about me, if you would like to be part of my little bloggersphere you can join me. I would love your company. You can keep up to date with all things Really Useful at the usual spots by clicking the little buttons below.